Bill C’s Review – 4 out of 5
If you are just looking for totally escapist, ridiculous action movie with a very high body count to kill two hours this is the movie for you!
Keanu Reeves reprises his role as John Wick, hired assassin extraordinaire! Keanu is perfect for this role as he doesn’t really need to act, talks very little but does a great job with fighting, loading his gun and just killing an incredible number of people (since most of these people he kills are fellow assassinsI didn’t feel too bad rooting for him). Until this comes out in DVD and someone can continually pause the movie I don’t think there will be an accurate count. Keanu is sort of the baby Liam Neeson in terms of being able to star in an action movie well into his 50s (although I think Keanu does more of his own stunts).
The set pieces are never boring (although of course they are ridiculous) and if you like this type of movie definitely check it out.
Bill C’s Review – 4 out of 5
I Am Not Your Negro is a thought provoking documentary about race relations in America. It is based on an unfinished project by author James Baldwin exploring race relations using Baldwin’s remembrances of murdered civil rights leaders (and friends) Medgar Evers, Martin Luther King and Malcolm X as a jumping off point. The film uses archival footage of events in the 60’s + Baldwin interview/speaking engagements as well as footage of more recent events. Samuel L. Jackson provides additional narration based on Baldwin’s writings.
Unfortunately, despite Baldwin having died 30 years ago much of what he said and wrote is still relevant today and this film is worth seeing
Bill I’s Review – 3 out of 5
As a public service right here I will provide a short quiz you can take in order to determine whether you should see this film, as follows:
- Are you curious what Adam Driver’s character from Girls would be like after a lobotomy?
- How about watching Adam Driver appear in almost every scene in a movie while not moving any facial muscles?
- Are you tired of movies that are driven by plots, and have dramatic and compelling scenes?
- Do you have heart problems and need a movie to not cause your heart to go above resting state?
- Would you like to see what it’s like for a bus driver to go on his route every day?
- Did you ever wonder what would happen if a city bus stopped working in the middle of the route?
- Do you like to see sets of twins make appearances at unexpected times throughout a movie?
- Do you like poetry, and would you like to see an ordinary person compose poetry on the fly, writing about ordinary objects such as matchsticks?
- Do you live in, or work in, or were you born in, Paterson New Jersey?
- Are you walking outside in the cold and need a warm, quiet place to sit for a couple of hours?
If you answered yes to any of those questions then by all means go see Paterson!