Bill C’s Review – 3 out of 5
Think of Hardcore Henry as a first person point of view shooter video game made into a movie. The film makers used Go Pro cameras to achieve the first person effect. Until the very end (due to a reflective shot) you never even see Henry – just what he is looking at. He doesn’t speak either!
When deciding whether to see this movie, forget my rating and just consider the following:
- If you think you’ll get nauseous due to the herky jerky action due to filming from cameras attached to peoples heads then skip this movie.
- If you don’t like tons of violence skip this movie.
- If you care about a plot or interesting characters skip this movie.
- If you want 90 minutes of non-stop action with an incredibly high body count then go!
- If you want some laughs (I’m not sure they were all intended) then go.
- If you want a very unique movie that you’ll probably remember for a while then go.
For me, this turned out to be a good movie for a snowy afternoon in April while visiting relatives in Pennsylvania.